Department of Management
Central university of Tamil Nadu established the Department of Management during the academic year 2017-18 on the recommendation of duly constituted Advisory Committee. The department is set up in view of the growing demand for management education both locally and globally. The course is committed to provide quality education in the field of management. The curriculum of the course help to improve the competency skill of management students and support them to be the business leaders of tomorrow.
To be known as a ‘Centre for Management Studies’ globally through a flexible, transparent and value based approach with a professional commitment to society.
To provide quality and values-based management education by creating fundamental knowledge with an international outlook and engage in cutting edge research to provide management solutions to different stakeholders.
Stakeholders: Students, Industry, Community/Society and Government.
Core values: Quality Education, Transparency, Flexibility and Social Responsibility.
• To create a strong foundation in business management and prepare them to apply the business skills/ideas in real business situation.
• To equip the students for a professional job in leading business organisations, teaching and research.
• To improve the analytical and problem solving skills of students for decision making in the complex business scenario.
• To create social awareness and social responsibility in business and reaffirms the commitment of business in the community.
• To familiarize students in both national and international business scenario and also equip them to apply the modern technology in business.
Name of the Course: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Duration: Two years (consists of 4 semesters)
• All Functional Areas;
• Technology Management;
• Global Management;
• Rural Management;
• Business analysis.
The courses are designed to provide a strong theoretical knowledge and practical exposure to students in business and its related areas. It adopts a strong methodology of ‘class interactions, cases studies, role paly, skill exercises, group discussions, problem solving exercise, simulation games, audio and video presents etc., for understanding different business concepts. The scope of the syllabus permits adequate flexibility, experience and knowledge sharing of management education.
• Emphasise on fundamental and analytical adaption of business concepts;
• Scope for sharing practical knowledge in business and its implications;
• Syllabus is on par with leading business schools in India & abroad and Central Universities;
• Technology oriented subjects/specialization;
• Focus on global perspective of business;
• Emphasise on rural management;
• Specialisation papers adapts the latest trend in business.
Download Course Structure and Syllabus here
Department of Economics
Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur – 610 005.
E mail: email@example.com