Application of Foreign Nationals nominated by the Govt. of India under scholarship scheme and direct admission through self-financing scheme shall be entertained for different Courses at Central University of Tamil Nadu. The Foreign nationals need NOT appear in the Central Universities Common Entrance Tests (CUCET) for admission; however, they should have passed the equivalent Qualifying Examination from an Indian or Foreign University/ Institution. Provision to the extent of 10% of the total seats in each course on supernumerary basis for Foreign Nationals is available. For more details related to program of study and eligibility criteria, please visit here.
Every year foreign nationals are admitted to various programmes of study under the following categories:
I) Direct admission for Self-financing Students: -
The Foreign Student, who wish to join under Self-financed category are required to submit their application along with bio-data and academic qualification on the prescribed format to International student’s division, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur 610 005 India (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The respective Student (and copy to concerned Embassy) will be informed about the university decision
Note: The admissions to M.Tech and MBA programmes under the DASA (Direct Admissions of Students Abroad scheme of MHRD. The detailed information and admission procedure for this year is available on the website (www.dasanit.org).
II) Under the Cultural Exchange Fellowship Programme of Govt. of India: -
Candidates desirous of admission under this Fellowship Programme are required to apply through the Indian High Commission/ Embassy / Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) as the case may be for consideration. In case the applicant is found suitable, confirmation of their admission will be sent directly to the concerned agency sponsoring their admission.
- Minimum eligibility qualifications for international students will be the same as for Indian students for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus. For more details, please visit University website http://www.cutn.ac.in
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from an Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). New Delhi- 110002(http://www.aiuweb.org)
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested, are to be submitted
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and also duly certified by the Indian Embassy or Consulate
- On being granted admission, all applicants should produce their Students Visa within one month of completion of admission formalities. In case of failure to obtain a visa within the stipulated period, the admission shall stand cancelled. A copy of this visa is to be submitted in the Office of the International Students Division, CUTN
- Upon arrival in India every foreign student must register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO).
(I) At the time of submitting the application:
- All the Foreign nationals under self-finance category should submit their application on prescribed format along with all relevant documents, which can be downloaded from the website, www.cutn.ac.in.
- The applications of scholarship – holding Foreign Nationals (under various schemes) are routed through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations/ Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Educations), Govt. of India, New Delhi. The antecedents of the candidate have been verified by the forwarding Agencies/Ministry and found in order.
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades including certificate of secondary school, Diplomas and Degrees of examination passed. Original Certificates should not be sent.
- Attested copies of the syllabi and curricula of the qualifying degree adopted in the Colleges/ Universities attended with full details
- Copy of the passport indicating your nationality and personal details
- Financial undertaking either a letter of recommendation from the Govt. certifying that the fees will be paid by the Govt. or a copy of the student’s bank statement showing a balance of US $1000 (in case of the 2-yr post graduate program) or US $ 2000 (in case of a Ph.D. and integrated program)
- That they have adequate knowledge of English as per requirements of the Course
- If English is not the first language or language of medium of instruction (during secondary & tertiary education), a pass in any of the following two tests will be required:-
- The test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL), administered by the Educational Testing Service in the US, in which scores of at least 580 overall and 4.0 in the test of written English are required. The computer based test requires scores of at least 240 overall and 4.0 in essay writing. The internet based test requires scores of at least 95 overall with a minimum score of 20 in writing.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) test, administered by the British Council, in which scores of 6 in each section and an overall score of 6.5 are required
- Test scores more than two years old will not be accepted for consideration
(II) At the time of admission:
- They have valid Residential permit in India granted for studies /Student Visa/Research Visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned Course.
- They fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements
- Candidates must submit medical fitness certificate duly verified by the Ministry/Agencies
- The Degrees / Certificates of the candidates must be recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / Commonwealth Universities/ International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian Degrees /Certificates
- The inter-se merit among the applicants of various foreign nationals will be decided by the university, which shall be deemed as final
- All the eligible foreign nationals are required to fill up the Registration Form prescribed by the University at the time of admission
- Further details regarding admission of foreign nationals are available on the website www.cutn.ac.in
For more details Contact:
Dr. Sigamani P
Nodal Officer for Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) and
Coordinator for International Admissions
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur-610 005, Tamil Nadu, India