Dr. A. Martin
Dr.Martin Aruldoss is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Central University of Tamil Nadu. He has more than 13 years of work experience which includes academic, research and teaching. He also is a Research Scholar of Banking Technology, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India. His research interest includes business intelligence, soft computing, multi-criteria reporting and information delivery techniques.He has published research papers in world highly recognized Journals such IEEE transactions on evolutionary computation, Elsevier - International Journal of Information Management, Emerald, Inderscience and other top journals. He has received 335 citations indices for his publications. His h-index is 9 and i-10 index is 8. His research work on “Qualitative Bankruptcy Data Set” has been recognised by Center for Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems, Bren School of Information and Computer Science, University of California, USA. Since its launching (Feb’, 2014) more than 40500 researchers have visited the qualitative bankruptcy data set. He is an EMC2 certified “Data Science and Big Data Analytics” programmer and Oracle Java 2 Certified Programmer. He has received many awards and recognition for his research work, teaching and training. He has received Faculty Mentor Certification for ‘The Great Mind Challenge 2007, 2008 & 2010’ from IBM. He played a key role in IBM ‘The Great Mind Challenge’ as a Coordinator to bring Best Performing College award to Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry consecutively for 6 years since 2007. He has organized many Symposiums (TANTRA’ 09, TANTRA’ 10, TANTRA’ 12 and TANTRA’ 15), Workshops and training programs with IBM-India, ICTACT, Tamil Nadu and from other nationally recognized training institutions. He has organized Sikarathi Nokki (A career guidance program for HSC students) in the year May’2013, Dec’2013, May’2015 and April’2016 at NLC, Neyveli. He has also organized Zenith’2017 (A career guidance program for UG students) at Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur in April’2017.He is a reviewer of Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier), Information Science (Elsevier), Enterprise Information Management (Emerald), International Journal of Accounting and Information Management (Emerald) and International Journal on Soft Computing.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Business Intelligence , Big Data, Social Networks & Analytics, Computing Technologies and Architecture,Information Science & Engineering,Multi Criteria Reporting for Business Intelligence,Development of Multi Criteria Reporting for Banking and Farmers,Design of Metrics for Multi Criteria Decision Making Techniques
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Miranda Lakshmi, T., Martin, A., Prasanna Venkatesan, V., “A Genetic Bankrupt Ratio Analysis Tool using Genetic Algorithm to Identify Influencing Financial Ratios”, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Volume 20, No. 1 (2016): 38-51. Impact Factor 10.629, Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society.
- Martin, A., T. Miranda Lakshmi, and V. Prasanna Venkatesan,”A Reference Model for Business Intelligence to Predict Bankruptcy”, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Volume 28, No. 2 (2015): 186-217, H-Index: 24, CiteScore 2016: 2.40, CiteScoreTracker 2017: 2.88, Indexed in Scopus, Emerald.
- Martin, A., Miranda Lakshmi, T., Prasanna Venkatesan, V., “An information delivery strategy for multi criteria reporting: a case study on bankruptcy prediction analysis”, International Journal of Multi Criteria Decision Making, Special issue on Multi Criteria Decision Making in Finance and Investment, Volume 5, No. 3 (2015): 211-246, Indexed in Scopus, Inderscience.
- Martin, A., T. Miranda Lakshmi, V. Prasanna Venkatesan, "An information delivery model for banking business." International Journal of Information Management Volume 34, no. 2 (2014): 139-150, Indexed in Scopus, Elsevier - Impact Factor: 4.713.
- Martin, A., T. Miranda Lakshmi, and V. Prasanna Venkatesan. “A Survey on Recent Research in Business Intelligence”, Journal of Enterprise Information Management Volume 28, No. 6 (2014): 831-866, H-Index: 24, CiteScore 2016: 2.40, CiteScoreTracker 2017: 2.88, Indexed in Scopus, Emerald.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering (Banking Technology), Pondicherry University, Puducherry; 2014
- M.E., Computer Science and Engineering, Mailam Engineering College (Anna University), Tamil Nadu; 2007
- MCA., Department of Computer Applications, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu; 2007
- B.Sc., Chemistry, St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu; 1997
- AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D work – Computer Science and Engineering (Banking Technology).
- Received 182 citations for my publications since 2010 Citations 182, h-index 8, i10-index 5
- The data set that is collected for the Project entitled “Qualitative Bankruptcy Prediction using Ant-Miner” is recognized as Benchmark dataset for qualitative bankruptcy prediction analysis by Centre for Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems, Machine Learning Repository, University of California, Irvine (UCI). It has 24895 web hits since February, 2014.
- Dale Carnegie Certified on High Impact Teaching skills – MISSION10X, WIPRO.
- Training of Trainers Program in Entrepreneurship Development (ToTED) conducted by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India, Hyderabad, 5-9, May, 2014.
- Oracle certified professional, Java SE 6 Programmer (Pin No. 236674491OCPJSE6P), November-2014.
- EMC2 certified “Data Science and Big Data Analytics” programmer
- Database Design and Programming with SQL from Oracle Academy, March-2015
- Received faculty mentor certification from IBM for IBM Academic Initiative 2007 & 2008 – ‘The Great Mind Challenge 2008’ & ‘The Great Mind Challenge 2007.
- IBM TGMC Coordinator - Best Performing College award to Sri ManakulaVinayagar Engineering College - consecutively 6 years from IBM – TGMC
- Brain bench certified Java2 Programmer (Pin Number-2032399) – 2001.
Assistant Professor, Central University of TamilNadu
2016 – Till date
Associate Professor, Sri ManakulaVinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry