Dr. Aakriti Grover
- RESEARCH AREA
- Urban health and wellbeing, urban environment
- TOP 5 PUBLICATIONS
- 1.Grover, A. and Singh, R.B. 2016. Monitoring spatial patterns of land surface temperature and urban heat island for sustainable megacity: A case study of Mumbai, India using Landsat TM data, Environment and Urbanization Asia, 7(1): 1-17, DOI: 10.1177/0975425315619722, ISSN: 0975-4253.
- 2.Grover, A. and Singh, R.B. 2015. Analysis of Urban Heat Island (UHI) in relation to Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI): A comparative study of Delhi and Mumbai, Environments, 2: 125-138, ISSN: 2076-3298, doi:10.3390/environments2020125.
- 3.Grover, A. 2015. Disaster management plan of Mumbai: A critical evaluation, Arts, commerce, computer science and technology research journal, 13(1): 13-21, ISSN: 0972-7779.
- 4.Singh, R.B., Grover, A. and Zhan, J. 2014. Inter-seasonal variations of surface temperature in urbanized environment of Delhi using Landsat thermal data, Energies, 7: 1811-1828, ISSN: 1996-1073, DOI:10.3390/en7031811.
- 5.Singh, R.B. and Grover, A. 2014. Remote sensing of urban microclimate with special reference to urban heat island using Landsat thermal data, Geographia Polonica, 87(4): 555-568, ISSN: 0016-7282 (Print) 2300-7362 (Online), http://dx.doi.org/10.7163/GPol.2014.38.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- 2017 Ph.D., Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
- 2008 Masters in Philosophy, Planning and Development, Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay
- 2006 Masters of Arts, Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
- 2004 Bachelor of Arts, Geography, Miranda House, University of Delhi
- AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 2015 Selected as the ‘World Social Science Fellow’ by International Social Science Council, 9th - 16th September 2015
- 2006-08 Teaching Assistantship - Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT - Bombay
Swami Shraddhanand College
2012 - 2017
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
Dyal Singh College (M)
Kamala Nehru College