Dr. Chitra K P
- RESEARCH AREA
- Environment & Development, Ecological Social Work Practice, Social Justice and Development, Social Policy and legislation, Participatory Action Research
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Karunakaran Prasanna Chitra., Kizhakkekara Vannadil P., Pattath Ayyappan V. (2020) Wetland
- Conservation and Sustainable Development in Kerala, India. In: Leal Filho W., Azul A., Brandli L., Lange
- Salvia A., Wall T. (eds) Life on Land. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Springer,
- Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71065-5_115-1
- Chitra, K P (2019). ‘Encountering Alienation: An Analysis of Inter-state Migrant workers from the
- North Indian States in Kerala’. P. Sigamani etal.(eds), 2019, Health, Safety and Well-Being of Workers
- in the Informal Sector in India - Lessons for Emerging Economies, Singapore, Springer, eBook ISBN:
- 978-981-13-8421-9, Hardcover ISBN: 978-981-13-8420-2.
- Karunakaran Prasanna, Chitra. (2019). Book Review of ‘Madhura Swaminathan and Sandipan
- Baksi, eds., How Do Small Farmers Fare? Evidence from Village Studies in India’. Internati onal
- Sociology. London: Sage
- Chitra, K.P (2016). Claiming the public sphere: Menstrual taboos and the rising dissent in India.
- Agenda. Taylor & Francis (ISSN (Online)-2158-978X)
- Chitra, K. P. (2016). How Kerala is destroying its wetlands. Economic and Political Weekly (ISSN (Online)
- - 2349-8846), 51 (22).
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- PhD (Social Work): Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- MSW : Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- PhD Exchange Programme Fellow (2011) at School of Social Sciences and Humanities in University of
- Tampere, Finland with International Fellowship from University of Tampere and Tata Institute of Social
- UGC Research Fellowship (JRF/SRF) during the Doctoral Programme in Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
- International Travel Grant from ICSSR to attend International Conference on Development Induced
- Displacement and Resettlement organized by Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford during
- March 2013.
- International fellowship by Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) to attend a workshop on
- ‘Facilitating Multistakeholder Processes and Social Learning’ at Wageningen University, Netherlands
- in 2008.
- Literary award for Malayalam poetry (V T Smaraka Puraskaram) from Mumbai Sahithya vedi, Mumbai
- in 2012. Published Malayalam poetry in various anthologies, print and online magazines.
Former Faculty at Department of Social Work, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kerala
Former Research Facilitator with PLANET Kerala (NGO) for various Research and Participatory Action Research projects in the areas of Integrated Water Resource Management and Ecosystem restoration