Dr. K. Chandra Sekhar
K. C. Sekhar was born in Markapur, Andhra Pradesh, India on June 5, 1980. He received his M.Sc. degree in physics from Nagarjuna University Campus, Guntur, India, in 2003. He obtained his Ph.D degree from IIT, Roorkee, India in November 2009. He did his postdoctoral work in Yonesi University, Seoul and University of Minho, Braga, Portugal. He has contributed around 50 articles in various international journals. He believed in research driven teaching.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Condensed Matter Physics(Experimental); Thin Films; Heterostructures; Ferroelectrics; Semiconductors; 2D Materials; Memories; Photovoltaics;
- TOP 5 PUBLICATIONS
- J. P. B. Silva, F. L. Faita, K. Kamakshi, K. C. Sekhar, J. A. Moreira, A. Almeida, M. Pereira, A. A. Pasa,and M. J. M. Gomes, “Enhanced resistive switching characteristics in Pt/BaTiO3/ITO structures through insertion of HfO2:Al2O3 (HAO) dielectric thin layer”, Scientific Reports (Nature), Vol. 7, pp. 46350 (2017)
- J.P.B. Silva, K. Kamakshi, K.C. Sekhar, E.C. Queirós, J. A. Moreira, A. Almeida, M Pereira, P.B. Tavares, M.J.M. Gomes, “Resistive switching in ferroelectric lead-free 0.5 Ba (Zr0. 2Ti0. 8) O3–0.5 (Ba0. 7Ca0. 3) TiO3 thin films’’, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol.49, Pp. 335301 (2016).
- K.C. Sekhar, K. Kamakshi, S. Bernstroff and M.J.M. Gomes “Effect of annealing temperature on photoluminescence and resistive switching characteristics of ZnO/Al2O3 multilayers nanostructures”, J. Alloy. Comp., Vol. 619, pp.248-252 (2015).
- K. C. Sekhar, S.Levichev, S. Bernstorff, K. Kamakshi, Buljan, A. Chahboun, A. Almeida, J. A. Moreira, M.J.M. Gomes ”Effect of bi-layer ratio in ZnO/Al2O3 multilayers on microstructure and functional properties of ZnO nanocrystals embedded in Al2O3 matrix”, Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process.,Vol. 115, pp. 283-289 (2014).
- K. C. Sekhar, J.P.B. Silva, K. Kamakshi, M. Pereira, and M.J.M. Gomes, “Semiconductor layer thickness impact on optical and resistive switching behavior of pulsed laser deposited BaTiO3/ZnO heterostructures”, Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 102, pp. 212903 (2013).
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Condensed Matter Physics(Experimental), IIT Roorkee; 2009
- M.Sc., Physics, Nagarjuna University;2003
- B.Sc., Maths, Physics & Chemistry Nagarjuna University; 2001
- Young Faculty Award received from Venus International Foundation Chennai, India on July 9th 2016.
- Selected as UGC-Assistant Professor (Physics) under UGC- Faculty recharge programme through the national selection process.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship from Fundao para a Cincia e a Tecnologia(FCT), Ministrio da Cincia, Portugal, from Dec. 2010 to Nov. 2013
- BK21 Postdoctoral fellowship from Yonsei Universiy, Seoul, Korea from Nov. 2009 - Jul. 2010
- Senior Research Fellowship from Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India, from Oct. 2008 to Oct. 2009
- IITR Institute Fellowship from Ministry Human Resources & Development, Govt. of India, from Aug. 2005 - Sep. 2008, India.
- Best poster award in Brain Korea (BK) poster contest, held on 10th February 2010 Yonsei University, Korea.
- Project Title: Functional materials, Funding Agency: UGC, Amount in Lakhs: 6lakhs
- Project Title: Novel memristors based on lead free ferroelectric-semiconductor heterostructures, Funding Agency: DST-SERB, Amount in Lakhs: 46.20lakhs
FCT - Postdoctoral fellow, University of Minho, Portugal
December 2010 – June 2015
BK21-Postdoctoral fellow, Yonsei University South Korea
November 2009 - July 2010