Dr. K. Venkata Saravanan
Dr. Venkata Saravanan K is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Physics, CUTN, Thiruvarur, India. He joined the department in the current position in October' 2013. He has been one of the major contributors in setting up facilities in the Department of Physics and at CUTN since its genesis. He had been working in close collaboration with the subject mentors of the department in setting the pedagogy and the implementation of teaching labs in CUTN. After completing his 5 year Integrated Masters' program in Physics from Pondicherry University, he went to University of Hyderabad from where he received his M.Phil and PhD in 2004 and 2010, respectively. Before joining CUTN, he was a FCT post-doctoral fellow at University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has been a visiting scientist at PROMES-CNRS at Font-Romeu, Odeillo, France and Plataforma Solar de Almeria (PSA), Spain through EU-funded research project - Solar Facilities for the European Research Area (SFERA). He is experienced in guiding students at the post graduate and research levels. He is currently supervising 4 students for their PhD. Post graduate students from other institutes have worked with him in close collaboration for research based project works. His main research interests include ferroelectric, high-k dielectrics and thermoelectric materials; nano-composites; thin film deposition by physical vapour and chemical solution deposition techniques; structural, microstructural and optical properties of bulk and thin films; device fabrication and testing. He has handled research projects from various funding agencies such as, UGC, DST- SERB etc. He has large number of collaborations with various researchers both within and outside India.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics.
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- K. Venkata Saravanan, M. Ghanashyam Krishna, K. C. James Raju, S.P. Tewari and S. Venugopal Rao, “Large three-photon absorption in Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 films studied using Z-scan technique” , Applied Physics Letters, Volume 96, No. 232905, 2010.
- Muhammad Asif Rafiq; Muhammad Nadeem Rafiq and K. Venkata Saravanan, “Dielectric and impedance spectroscopic studies of lead-free barium‐calcium‐zirconium‐titanium oxide ceramics”, Ceramics International, Volume 41, Page 11436, 2015.
- Mahajan Amit, Rodriguez Brian J. , K. Venkata Saravanan, E. Venkata Ramana, Costa Pedro M.F.J and Vilarinho Paula M., “Covering vertically aligned carbon nanotubes with a multiferroic compound”, Carbon, Volume 82, Page 408, 2015.
- Ajay Kaushal, S. M. Olhero, Budhendra Singh, Reza Zamiri, K. Venkata Saravanan and J. M. F. Ferreira,, “Successful aqueous processing of a lead free 0.5Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3–0.5(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 piezoelectric material composition”, RSC Advances, Volume 4, Page 26993, 2014.
- C. S. Chitra Lekha, Ajith Kumar, S. Vivek, U. P. Mohammed, K. Venkata Saravanan, K. Nandakumar; Swapna Nair, “Giant voltage generation from lead-free magnetoelectric coaxial nanotube arrays and their applications in nano energy harvesters”, Nanotechnology, Volume 28, 055402, 2017.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Physics, School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- M.Phil., Physics, School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- M.Sc., 5yr Integrated in sciences (Major in Physics), Department of Physics, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India.
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- One among the six researchers to be awarded the University of Aveiro best researcher (mentions) for the year 2012.
- Invited as guest researcher at the Plataforma Solar De, Almeria, Spain under SFERA -II (Solar Facilities for the European Research Area) funded by the European Commission for 3 consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016).
- Invited as guest researcher at the PROcédés, Matériaux et Énergie Solaire (PROMES)- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) laboratory, France between June 20 and July 08, 2016.
- Project Title:Tunable Varactors based on Lead Free Multiferroic Magnetoelectric Nano-Composites, funding Agency:UGC, Amount:₹. 6,00,000
- Project Title:Nano Crystalline Calcium Manganite based Thermoelectric Oxides for efficient waste heat recovery, Funding Agency:DST- SERB, Amount:₹. 39,11,600
Assistant Professor, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Central University of TamilNadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
October 2013 – Till Date
FCT Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Materials and Ceramic Engineering/ CICECO, University of Aveiro, Aveiro
January 2012 – September 2013
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Materials and Ceramic Engineering/ CICECO, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
February 2011 – December 2011
Guest Faculty, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Central University of TamilNadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
August 2010 - January 2011
Senior Research Fellow, Advanced Centre for Research in High Energy Materials, UoH, Hyderabad, India.
April 2008 - July 2010
Research Assistant, Advanced Centre for Research in High Energy Materials, UoH, Hyderabad, India.
November 2006 - March 2008
Research Assistant, National Program on Smart materials, ADA, Bangalore. India.
October 2003 - July 2006