Dr. L. Kavitha
Dr. Kavitha born on 20 March 1975, in Kumbakonam, Tanjore (Dt.), Tamil Nadu. She pursued Under Graduation in Physics in the Government College for Women, Kumbakonam. She has obtained her Post Graduation and Doctoral degrees from the School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, INDIA. She continued her prolific research work in the prestigious and the globally renowned Max-Planck Institute for the Physics of complex systems, Germany and at the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy(an IAEA and UNESCO Institute), in the capacities of Post-doctoral fellow and Young collaborator, Junior and Regular Associates respectively. Dr. Kavitha have been doing research for the past 20 years in the field of Non-linear dynamics of both condensed and soft matter systems. Also, She has extended her research interest in the development of bioceramic coatings on high energy electron beam irradiated metal implants for orthopedic applications. She has participated in various research programs conducted by the international institutions at USA, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Portugal and Latvia. Her assiduous research work fetched her many Young Scientist awards at the National level and She has been bestowed with the Prestigious Landhal award by the International Society of Mathematical Biology, USA. Dr. Kavitha has successfully supervised 16 PhD students and authored more than 130 publications including 6 book chapters in the International Journals of high repute and has h-index as 29, i-10 index as 72 with 2112 citations. She has mobilized research grants from various funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, UGC, DAE-NBHM, and DAE-BRNS as the sole Principal investigator.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Nonlinear dynamics of condensed (Ferromagnets, Carbon nanotubes, Spin ladders, Nanowires) and Soft matter (DNA, Neuronal Microtubules, Peptides, Liquid crystals)/ Fluid systems (Plasma, Blood flow), Bio-materials
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- L. Kavitha et al., Propagation of envelope bright breather coupled wave modes in Ablowitz-Ladik chains. (Accepted for publications in Applied mathematical modelling),(2016).
- L. Kavitha et al., Perturbed soliton excitations of Rao dust Alfven waves in magnetized dusty plasmas. Physics of Plasmas. 23, xx-xx, 2016.
- L. Kavitha et al., Modulational instability and nano scale energy localization in ferromagnetic spin chain with higher order dispersive interaction, Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials, 404, 91-118, 2015.
- L. Kavitha et al., Energy Transport in the form of proton soliton in one dimensional hydrogen bonded polypeptide chain, Journal of Biological Physics. 42, 9-31, 2015.
- L. Kavitha et al., Breather like electromagnetic wave propagation in an antiferromagnetic medium with Dzyaloshinsky -Moriya interaction, Physical Review E, 84,066608, 2011.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D. Physics, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
- M.Sc., Physics, Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
- B.Sc., Physics, Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Awarded the Raman Post-Doctoral fellowship in USA (2015-2016) by UGC, India.
- Awarded the Tamil Nadu Young Scientist award (2014) by the government of Tamil Nadu, India.
- Awarded the Young Scientist research award (2014) by the Academy of Sciences, Chennai, India.
- Awarded the UGC research award (2013) by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India.
- Awarded the Mileva Mavic Einstein Award for the year (2013) for the commendable contributions in the field of Computational Physics, Instituted by the Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal, and Tamilnadu, India.
- Awarded Young scientist research award (2010) by the Board of Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy, India.
- Awarded Post-doctoral position for a period of one year and extendable to another year by the Max-Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany (2005-2006).
- Awarded the Regular Associateship (2014-2019)/Junior Associateship (2004-2009 extended until 2011)/ Young Collaborator (2002)/ Guest Scientist (2004-2005) by the International Centre for Theoretical Physics, ICTP, Italy (An UNESCO and IAEA Institute).
- Awarded the prestigious Landhal award (2011) by the International Society for Mathematical Biology, USA
- Awarded the European Science Foundation fellowship to attend ESF-EMS-ERCOM conference on Completely Integrable Systems and Applications held at Erwin Schrödinger Institute, Vienna, Austria during July 03-08, (2011).
- Member in the International Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSDW) Italy 2011 onwards.
- Awarded “Excellent paper award” for the paper presented at International Conference on Recent Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology, held during 21 June 2015 in Paris, France
- Project Title:Soliton dynamics in spin ladder systems (F. No.34-26/2008 (SR), Funding Agency:UGC, Amount: 4,82,800
- Project Title:Soliton dynamics in inhomogeneous magnetic media, Funding Agency:DAEBRNS-YSRA, Amount:11,80,071
- Project Title:Exact propagating soliton solutions of some nonlinear PDEs governing the director dynamics of nematic liquid crystal medium (Ref.No. 2/48(9)/2011/-R&D II/1223), Funding Agency: DAENBHM-Major Research Project, Amount:9,66,000
- Project Title: Magnetization reversal and Nanoscale switching of soliton dynamics in magnetic spin ladder system with various magnetic interaction, Funding Agency:UGC Research Award, Amount:30,00,000
- Project Title:Investigation on the propagation of Electromagnetic wave (EMW) and EMW induced ultrafast magnetization switching soliton dynamics in ferromagnetic nanowires (Ref.No.03(1418)/17/EMR-II) Funding Agency:CSIR-Major Research Project, Amount:17,05,600
- Project Title:Mathematical Modelling and Exact Propagating soliton solutions of few nonlinear partial differential equations governing the nonlinear magnetization dynamics of ordered magnetic systems, Funding Agency: DSTMATRICS Major Research Project, Amount:6,60,000
Associate Professor, Department of Physics, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Central University of TamilNadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu
February 2014 – Till Date
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Periyar University, Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
November 2004 – February 2014
Post-doctoral Fellow, Max-Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex systems, Germany
2005 – 2006
Junior Associate and Regular Associate, Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy.
2004 – 2011