Dr. N. Barani Balan
My research work is based on Partial Differential Equations and its applications to Control and Inverse Problems which is a highly substantial field in Mathematics. I have a consistent growth in my research which depicts through my projects and papers. I share my ideas with other esteemed researchers and perform collaborative research in various fields both within and outside India. I have conducted workshops and conferences in our University in association with other central and state Institutions. My flexibility supports me in classroom, where there are many different personalities and learning styles. My experience with eminent teachers has given me the perspective to present quality teaching and has strengthened my potentiality. I take the responsibilities given to me effectively and execute the best. I strongly believe that integrity lies in being true to our self.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Inverse Problems; Control Theory; Partial Differential Equations
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- N. Barani Balan, K. Sakthivel, K. Balachandran and J.-H. Kim, Inverse Problems for Phase Field System with One Observation, Applicable Analysis, 88 (2009) 529-545.
- K. Sakthivel, S. Gnanavel, N. Barani Balan and K.Balachandran, Inverse Problem for the Reaction diffusion System by Optimization Method, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 35 (2011) 571-579.
- S. Gnanavel, N. Barani Balan and K. Balachandran, Identification of Source terms in the Lotka-Volterra System, Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, 20 (2012), 287-312.
- S. Gnanavel, N. Barani Balan and K. Balachandran, Simultaneous Identification of Two Time Independent Coefficients in a Nonlinear Phase Field System, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 160 (2014), 992-1008.
- L. Shangerganesh, N. Barani Balan, K. Balachandran, Weak-renormalized solutions for three species competition model in ecology, International Journal of Bio-Mathematics, 7 (2014) 1450062 (24 Pages)
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D.,Mathematics Bharathiar University; 2009
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Young Scientist under DST - SERB Fast Track Scheme, 2014.
- Full Travel Support by NBHM, DAE, Mumbai to attend ICIAM 2015, Beijing, China during August 10-14, 2015
- Financial Grant by NBHM, DAE, Mumbai to organize Conference on Control and Inverse Problems at CUTN during February 26-27, 2016
- Financial Grant by NBHM, DAE, Mumbai to organize Workshop on Partial Differential Equations and Applications at CUTN during May 29-June 11, 2017
- Project Title:Quasi-solution Approach to Inverse Problems for Partial Differential Equations, Funding Agency:SERB, Amount:9.96Lakhs
- Project Title:Carleman Estimates and Inverse Problems for System of Partial Differential Equations, Funding Agency:NBHM, DAE, Amount:13.51 Lakhs
Assistant Professor, School of Mathematics, CUTN
April 08, 2013 - Till date