Dr. Poornima Rajendran
Poornima Rajendran after completing her B.Sc. B.Ed. and M.Ed. Programme from Avinashilingam University Coimbatore, pursued her M.Sc. Applied Psychology from Annamalai University and Ph.D. from Dravidian University. She has been honored with Smt. Malini Lionel Award for her academic excellence in Special Education and Rehabilitation at graduate level and secured proficiency prizes throughout her academic career. She cleared UGC-NET in the year 2009. Further, she has been awarded Young Guest and Doctoral Researchers’ Annual Scholarship for Investigation and Learning (Yggdrasil) in Norway during the academic year 2011-12 for pursuing post-doctoral research on inclusive education practices in Norway. Also, she received Srinath Bhargava Memorial Award from Indian Psychometric and Educational Research Association, Patna in 2012.She is the author of two research books in Education and also published more than thirty five papers both theoretical and empirical base on various aspects of Education, Special Education and Disability Studies in peer-reviewed journals. Also, she has presented good number of papers in National and International seminars / conferences. Apart from this, she is a RCI Registered Professional Special Educator. She worked as Project Fellow for a period of 3 years in the U.G.C. Major Research Project. Before joining in Central University of Tamil Nadu, she was working as an Assistant Professor in Education in Central University of Orissa, Koraput.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Special Education, Inclusive Education, Educational psychology, Professional development of student teachers, teachers and teacher educators
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Poornima, R. (2010). Emotional Intelligence of special education teachers of schools for mentally retarded children. Journal of Research and Reflection on Education, Vol. 8, No.4, Oct-Sep., Pp. 11-14, ISSN No. 0974-648X.
- Poornima, R. and Reddy, G.L. (2011). Emotional intelligence and occupational stress of special education teachers : Implications for teacher preparation and professional development, Journal of Rehabilitation Council of India-JRCI, Vol. 7, No. 1 & 2, Jan-Dec. 2011, Pp. 22-33, ISSN No. 0973-2497.
- Poornima, R. and Reddy, G.L. (2012). Emotional intelligence as a tool to enhance quality in teacher education programs. EDU-Tracks, Vol. 11, No.12, Pp. 3-9, ISSN No.: 0972-9844.
- Reddy, G.L. and Poornima, R.(2012). Occupational stress and professional burnout of university teachers in south India. International Journal of Educational Planning and Administration, Vol. 2, No. 2, Pp. 109-124, ISSN No. 2249 3093.
- Poornima, R. (2017) Teacher preparation programs for inclusive education : a review of models and approaches, In S.H. Basha and M.K. Naseerali (Ed.) Inclusive Education: Policies and Practices (p. 169 -95), New Delhi Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN No.:9789385503535
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Education, Dravidian University, Andhra Pradesh; 2011
- M.sc., Applied Psychology, Annamalai university; 2009
- M.Ed., Special Education, Avinashilingam University; 2007
- B.Ed., Mathematics and Special Education, Avinashilingam University; 2006
- B.Sc., Mathematics and Special Education, Avinashilingam University; 2005
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Srinath Bhargava Memorial Award of Best Educational Entrepreneur 2012 by Indian Psychometric and Educational Research Association, Patna and Harprasad Institute of Behavioural Studies, Agra; 2012
- Young Guest Doctoral Researchers Annual Scholarship for Investigation and Learning - Yggdrasill Fellow, Research Council of Norway; 2011
- B.Sc. ( Smt. Malini Lionel Award for outstanding performance in B.Sc. Special Education); 2006
Assistant Professor, Department of Education, , Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur
June 2016 - Till Date
Assistant Professor, School of Education
October 2013 - June 2016
Assistant Professor, Krishna College of Education for Women, Namakkal
September 2012 - September 2013
Guest Researcher, , University of Stavanger, Norway
August 2011 - June 2012
May 2008 - May 2011