Dr. R. Arun
I received my PhD in theoretical Quantum Optics from Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad. After completion of PhD, I worked as Postdoctoral Researcher during the years 2004 – 2008. My research work during doctoral studies focused on quantum dynamics of cold atoms in cavities. Nowadays, I am working on quantum interference in vacuum induced processes in atoms such as spontaneous emission. My teaching interest covers a wide range of topics including quantum optics, laser physics, mathematical physics, electromagnetic theory, and quantum mechanics for undergraduate/postgraduate courses.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Quantum Optics, Quantum dynamics of Atom-Light interactions, Quantum Entanglement.
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Superluminal light propagation via quantum interference in decay channels, R. Arun, Phys. Rev. A 94, 043843 (2016).
- Phase control of squeezing in fluorescence radiation, R. Arun, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys.47, 245501 (2014).
- Interference assisted squeezing in fluorescence radiation, R. Arun, Phys. Lett. A, 377, 200 (2013).
- Interference-induced splitting of resonances in spontaneous emission, R. Arun, Phys. Rev. A 77, 033820 (2008).
- Dark states and interferences in cascade transitions of ultracold atoms in a cavity, R. Arun and G.S. Agarwal, Phys. Rev. A 66, 043812 (2002).
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Quantum Optics (Theoretical), Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad; 2003
- M.Sc., Physics & Electronics, University of Madras; 1996
- B.Sc., Physics & Electronics, University of Madras; 1994
Postdoctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
2004 - 2007
Postdoctoral Fellow, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India
2007 - 2008
Assistant Professor, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai, India
2009 - 2013