Dr. R. Saranya
Dr.R.Saranya has been working as an Assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science in Central University of Tamilnadu since 2016. About her academic background, she has secured first class with distinction in her UG and PG programme. After completing her research in software engineering, with a passion and thirst of knowledge in network security she is currently pursing one more research in the Cyber-attack named DDOS with C- Worm detection under Anna University, Chennai and she have submitted her final work to peer reviewed scientific journals. Her current interests are also into IoT domains. She has visited Countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Srilanka for research activities. She has more than 7 years of teaching experience in postgraduate and undergraduate courses. She is a member of various academic bodies such as CSI, IEEE and IE. She has presented more than 15 research papers in International (IEEE) and National Conferences, also published more than 10 research articles in Peer reviewed Journals. She has also participated and presented papers in seminars, workshops and faculty development programs. She has been an invitee to deliver lectures in many colleges (technical lectures) and schools (for outreach activities) in Tiruvarur, Madurai, and Trichy.In context of ICT use for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education , She has developed Open Education Resource (OER) as a collection of MOODLE lesson activities (with cloud server) for the modules under the Courses Computer Organization, Networks for I year M.Sc (Computer Science) Students of CUTN. With these OER she has implemented flipped classroom and active learning strategies by using the packages of moodlecloud.com and open source versions of gnomio.com which is licensed under CC-BY-SA ver 4.0.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Networks, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, IoT
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- “Integrated quantum flow and hidden Markov chain approach for resisting DDoS attack & C-Worm”, Cluster Computing - The Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, DOI - https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-018-2288-7 ISSN: 1386-7857 (Print) 1573-7543 (Online), 2018 – Springer US.
- “An Efficient DDOS Traffic Flooding Attack Resistance Model Using Quantum Flow”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562.Volume 10, Number 23, 2015, pg: 43484-43491.
- Published the book entitled “Security Mechanisms for Software Requirement Analysis”, in Lulu Book Publications, Hillsborough St,Raleigh, NC 27607, United States of America (USA), October 2015.
- “A Top-Down Approach to overcome risk on large projects based on Requirements Elicitation Target Planning” - International Journal of Research in Information Technology, ISSN: 2001-5569, Vol. 2, Issue 4, April 2014, pg: 244-261.
- “Survey on Security Measures of Software Requirement Engineering”, International Journal of Computer Application, ISSN: 0975-8887, Volume- 90.No 17, March 2014, pg: 12-19.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Software Engineering – Requirement Phase, Madurai Kamaraj University , Madurai; 2015
- M.E., Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University,Thirunelveli; 2011
- B.E., Computer Science & Engineering, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , Anna University, Chennai; 2008
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Received “Mother Teresa Sadbhawana Award for contribution towards the progress of the nation and worldwide on the occasion of National Seminar on to “Individual Achievements & National Development” on September, 2015 at New Delhi.
- Won FIRST prize in AICTE Sponsored Technical Project Exhibition on Emerging Computer, Communication and Information Technologies held during Oct 7-11, 2013.
- First Class with Distinction in BE-CSE at Anna University, Chennai
- First Class with Distinction in ME-CSE at Anna University, Tirunelveli
Assistant Professor, Central University of TamilNadu, Thiruvarur
2016 - Till Date