Dr. S. Mahalakshmi
Dr. Mahalakshmi.S is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Commerce. She holds a Ph.D. Degree in Commerce with a specialization in Finance. Her area of research for the award of the Ph.D. degree is Foreign Direct Investments. She has publications in Scopus and ABDC indexed journals in the area of Finance specifically on Foreign Direct Investments, Commodity Derivatives, Stock Market & Exchange Rate Volatility & Spillovers, Disinvestment, etc. She has attended workshops and faculty development programmes organized by the premier institutions like IIMs, IITs, etc. She is the life member of Indian Commerce Association, Indian Accounting Association & Indian Econometric Society.
- RESEARCH AREA
- International Finance, Derivatives and Corporate Finance
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- “Spillover Effect of US dollar on the Stock Indices of BRICS”, Research in International Business and Finance (Elsevier), In Press, 2017.
- “Which Indian Industry benefits from FDI? A Panel Cointegration Approach”, Journal of International Business and Economy, vol. 17, No. 1, 59-89, Spring 2016, ISSN 1527-8603.
- “Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Economic Development”, International Journal of Business Excellence, Vol. 11, No.2, 2017, ISSN 1756-0047.
- “Causal Links between Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and Macro Economic Indicators of India. South Asian Journal of Management, Vol.23, No.1, 112-138, Jan.-Mar. 2016, ISSN 0971-5428.
- "Forecasting Volatility in Indian Agri-Commodities Market", Global Business & Finance Review, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 95-104, (spring 2015), pISSN 1088-6931 / eISSN 2384-1648.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Madras; 2014
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lecturership, UGC; 2007
- M.Phil., Commerce, University of Madras; 2003
- M.Com., Trade and Development, University of Madras; 2002
- B.B.M Bank Management Meenakshi College; 2000
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Awarded with UGC – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, NIT Silchar.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science and Humanities, SRM University.
July 2015 - September 2015
Assistant Professor, GITAM Institute of Management, GITAM University.
July 2014 - September 2015
Guest Faculty, Department of Commerce, University of Madras.
July 2013 - April 2014
Teaching cum Research Fellow, Department of Commerce, University of Madras.
September 2006 - November 2007