Dr Shamala R working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Media and Communication since June 2016.Before Joining CUTN was serving at All India Radio, Hassan, Karnataka for five years from March 2011 and Produced various radio programs on Women and Children, Youth programs ,Live radio Broadcasting. At AIR exposure to rural life and study the communication at rural level was a foremost experience which Community and rural development the role played by the media for the upliftment of rural people. Dr shamala R has also worked as Lecturer in Vijay college, Bangalore, Department of English and Journalism for five years from July 2005.During her tenure as lecturer she enrolled for her Doctoral studies in Mass Communication at Department of Communication, Bangalore University under the guidance of Prof. Jagadeesh Prakash where had PG degree M S IN Communication, Department of communication, Bangalore University and was awarded Ph.D in 2016.
- RESEARCH AREAS
- Radio, Youth, sports journalism
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Impact of Mass Mediated Sports Heroes on Life Style and Product Purchase Behavior among Youth.(2016) Shamala R, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention
- ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714.www.ijhssi.org ||Volume 6 Issue 1||January. 2017 || PP.27-33.
- Sports Celebrity Endorsements on TV and its Impact on Youth,(2014) Shamala R and Prof Jagadeesh Prakash International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714 (Online): 2319 – 7722 March. 2014(UGC ref journal) 2014 PP,01-08
- Sports Personality As Role Model H N Girish(2014) (Paralympian Silver Medalist 2012) Dr. Jagadeesh Prakash , Shamala -Communication Today Journal -ISSN 0975-217X-Jan-March 2014, PP 78-83.
- Changing trends in Indian film editing techniques,Shamala R, Devdas Menon International Journal of IT, Management and Engineering,2013, Vol.3, Issue 12,PP 140-157
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Mass Communication (2016), Department of Communication, Bangalore University
- M S IN COMMUNICATION: Bangalore University Department of communication
- B A IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT: Bangalore University.
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- DEFENCE SECRETARY COMMENDATION AWARD (2009) Ministry of Defence,Government of India.
Lecturer, Department English and Journalism, Vijaya College, Jayanagar (earlier B H S First Grade college).
July 2005 - March 2011
Transmission Executive, All India Radio ,Hassan, Karnataka
March 2011 to June 2016
Production Assistant, MAM Productions, Bangalore.
June 2004 - June 2005