Dr. Srinivasan Sampath
I have done my B.Sc in chemistry at D.G. Vaishnav College, Madras university, Chennai. I completed my M.Sc degree in chemistry at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India. After that I qualified a national level entrance examination for research fellowship (CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF). In 2005, I moved to Trivandrum for my PhD under the supervision of Dr. A. Ajayaghosh. During my stay in Trivandrum, I mainly involved in the design and study of advanced functional materials based on carbon nanotubes and conjugated organic molecules. My thesis was entitled as “Self-assembled Functional Hybrid Materials: Design of Stable Organogels, Superhydrophobic Coatings and Fluorescent Imaging Materials. In November 2010, I joined the Stoddart Research Group as a postdoctoral fellow. Then In November 2011, I joined as joint postdoctoral fellow in Coskun Group. Then I received DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award and joined CSIR-CLRI, India and worked there starting from April-2014 to August, 2016. Then, I joined Department of Materials Science, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur.
- RESEARCH AREAS
- Functional Hybrid Materials, Nanomaterials, Photovoltaics and Supramolecular Chemistry, Smart Organic-Hybrid Materials
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- S. Srinivasan, et al. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 21251-21258 (IF:4.49)
- S. Srinivasan, et al. Adv. Mater., 26, 2725–2729, 2014 (IF:17.49, CI: 14)
- S. Srinivasan, et al. Adv. Mater., 25, 2740-2745, 2013 (IF:17.49, CI:36)
- S. Srinivasan, et al. J. Mater. Chemistry A,1, 43-48, 2013 (IF:7.443, CI: 15)
- S. Srinivasan, et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131, 15122-15123, 2009 (IF: 12.11, CI: 95)
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D., Chemistry National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), CSIR, Trivandrum, India. Kerala University; 2010
- M.Sc., Chemistry Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM), India; 2005
- B.Sc., Chemistry Madras University, India; 2003
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award – April 2014 to March 2019 - Polymer Division, CSIR-CLRI, Adyar, Chennai.
- Post doctoral Fellowship WCU - KAIST, Korea as a postdoctoral fellow, February, 2013- March-2014.
- Post doctoral Fellowship NU- Postdoctoral fellowship for two years in Northwestern University under US-National Science Foundation program, November, 2010 – October 2012.
- Post doctoral Fellowship WCU- Selected from Stoddart group, Northwestern University, USA for 6 month stay at KAIST, Korea under World Class University program as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Young Scientist Award- 22nd Kerala Science Congress, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Thrissur, India, January 28-31, 2010.
- Indo-French (IFCPAR) Exchange Fellow, Institute Charles Sadron, CNRS, Strasbourg, France, September-November 2008.
- Best Presentation Award -International conference, ICYS-ICMR Summer School on Nanomaterials, NIMS. Tsukuba, Japan, July 23-28, 2007.
- ICYS-ICMR Summer School Member, Japan - Sponsored by University of California, Santa Barbara (ICMR), 2007.
- Senior Research Fellowship from University Grant Commission/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (UGC/CSIR), Government of India, New Delhi, (2007 – 2010).
- Junior Research Fellowship from University Grant Commission/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (UGC/CSIR), Government of India, New Delhi, (2005 – 2007).
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship (2005).
- Gold Medalist- Best outgoing student - College topper in B.Sc Chemistry, D. G. Vaishnav College, Madras University (2003).
Assistant Professor, Central University of Tamil Nadu , Thiruvarur
Aug-2016 – Till date
DST-INSPIRE Faculty, CSIR-CLRI, Chennai, India
April 2014 – August 2016
Post Doctoral Fellow, KAIST South Korea
February 2013 - March 2014
Post Doctoral Fellow, Northwestern University USA
May 2012 – October 2012
Post Doctoral Fellow, KAIST, South Korea
Post Doctoral Fellow, Northwestern University, USA
November 2010 – November 2011