Dr. V. Madhurima
Dr V Madhurima graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, with MSc (Physics) and PhD (Physics). She studied weak hydrogen bonds for her PhD, with emphasis on microwave dielectric spectroscopy. Her research interest has grown into study of wetting, superhyrophobic surfaces, milk colloids and microwave diathermy. She has extensive teaching and research experience and has also executed research projects. She has guided MSc, IMSc and PhD research works and takes summer interns.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Experimental Soft Condensed Matter, Microwave Physics
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Madhurima V and Jonathan Lalnunsiama (2010) Simulations of interactions in 1,4 dioxane- water systems, Proceedings of Sensors-15 15th National Seminar on Physics and Technology of Sensors, Ed S A Gangal. Pg C-3-1 to C-3-2.
- Madhurima V (2013) Red rose Vs. Lotus leaf: to roll or not to roll – (Research Highlight) Physics Academy of North East (PANE) Newsletter, Vol 2, 1, Pg 5
- D D Purkayastha, L D Sangani Varma, M G Krishna and V Madhurima (2014) Photo-induced wettability of TiO2 film with Au buffer layer AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 1591, Issue 1, p.881-883.
- V Madhurima Droplets in Microchannels - theory and experiment - Article – Physics Academy of North East (PANE) E-newsletter Vol.3 iss 1 November 2014 PP 20-21.
- V Madhurima and K Nilavarasi Breath Figures and Soft Lithography – Article – Physics Academy of North East (PANE) E-newsletter Vol 3, issue 2 Pg 9 -11.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Physico-chemical studies on hydrogen bonded binary mixtures of polar liquids, (1999), IIT Madras, Chennai.
- M.Sc., Physics, (1993), IIT Madras, Chennai.
- B.Sc., Physics, (1991), Queen Mary’s College, Madras University.
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Qualified: CSIR-UGC NET – for research and teaching.
- Qualified: Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE) (97.12 percentile)
- Qualified: Research Associate of CSIR India.
- Recipient: Post Doctoral RA of University of Hyderabad
- Tamil Nadu Government Education Ministry "Jawaharlal Nehru Science Talent Scheme" Award for 1988-89 for Physics in B.Sc.
- Secured centum in allied Chemistry practical and secured second rank in chemistry at BSc.
- Merit scholarship of IIT Madras during MSc.
- Design, Synthesis and Physico-Chemical characterization studies of isotropic and anisotropic media for enabling high-k applications - Funded by Naval Research Board, India. PI: V Madhurima, Co-investigator: Prof N V S Rao, Department of Chemistry, Assam University. [Amount Total: Rs. 45,76,480 (Including overheads) (Rs 25,32,000 for MZU Rs 15,82,800 for AU)] [2008-2012]
- Study of importance of hydrogen bonding in MEMS and bio devices through spectroscopy and computational methods - Funded by DST under SERC Fast Track Proposals for Young Scientists Scheme. [Rs 21 Lakhs] [2009-2012]
- Co-Investigator in "Synthesis and Characterization of n-type Organic Semiconductor for Potential Application in Electronics" Ref no: MRP-MAJOR -CHEM-2013-2056-CHEMISTRY. Main Investigator: Dr S Nagarajan, Department of Chemistry, CUTN. Rs 9,03,000/- . 2015-2018.
Associate Professor, Department of Physics, CUTN
June 2012 - till date
Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Mizoram University (Central) Aizawal
February 2012 - June 2012
Reader at Mizoram University, (Central) Aizawl,
February 2007 - February 2010
Research Associate of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
August 2005 - January 2007
Research Associate Under the Universities with Potential for Excellence (UPE) Scheme of University of Hyderabad in the Project titled Low dimensional systems and nano structured materials;
March 2005 - July 2005
Post-doctoral work at the University of Hyderabad in the School of Physics
December 2003 - February 2005
Senior Lecturer and Head of the Department of Physics - Saveetha Engineering College – Chennai. (Anna University)
June 2001 - July 2003
Senior Lecturer at National Institute of Technology and Science - Chennai, (University of Madras and Anna University)
October 1998 - May 2001