Dr. V Vithya
Dr. Vithya V had joined the Department of Applied Psychology, Central University of Tamil Nadu on 30th June 2017. Her passion towards teaching and research was the driving force behind her successful qualification in the UGC – National Eligibility Test and State level eligibility Test. She was awarded with Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission to pursue Ph.D degree from the Department of Psychology, University of Madras, Chennai. She had undergone Professional practical training in Counselling, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Training from Dr. Emma Gonselvaz, Psychotherapist & Consultant, Chennai and Dr. Deborah McNally, CBT Trainer, Salford Cognitive therapy centre UK respectively. During her research period, she actively took part in various academic events and participated in various seminars and conferences organized by professional forums in the field of Psychology at National and International level. She had conducted various training programs and consultancy services for various reputed institutions and organizations. She was heading the Department of Psychology, Shri Shankarlal Sundarbai Shasun Jain College, Chennai affiliated to University of Madras prior to her affiliation with CUTN.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Psychosocial issues among Children & adolescents; psychosocial concerns related to school & family environment
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Vithya, V ., Karunanidhi, S & Don Bosco, P. (2016). Comparison between High Achievers and Underachievers on Self-Esteem, Perception of School Environment and Emotional Problems. Edited book entitled, “School Psychology – Prospectus of Children with special needs”. Edited book entitled, “School Psychology – Prospectus of Children with special needs.
- Vithya,V & Karunanidhi, S (2010). Influence of certain Psychosocial factors on Underacheivers. Journal of Psychological Researches. Vol 54 No1 &2. p 47-55 (ISSN 0022 3972)
- Vithya, V., Karunanidhi, S & Sasikala, S (2015). Influence of optimism, parental expectations and peer attachment on subjective happiness of female college students. Journal of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology. Vol 41 (1), 95 – 100. (ISSN 0019 – 4247)
- Karunanidhi, S., Vithya, V & Sasikala, S (2014). Effect of Life Skills Training on Behaviour problems of adolescent school students. Indian Journal of Psychology. P 001 – 007. (ISSN – 0019 – 5553)
- Vithya, V., Karunanidhi, S., Sasikala, S & Nithy Cecil (2014). Influence of parental attachment, Parental Warmth/Affection and Perception of Family Environment on Emotional Problems of Adolescent students. Bombay Psychologist. Vol XXIX, No 1& 2. P 110 – 118. (ISSN 0975 -0738)
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Ph.D., Department of Psychology, University of Madras, Chennai; 2015
- M.Phil. in Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Madras, Chennai; 2009
- M.Sc (Integrated) Clinical Psychology, Department of Psychology, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu; 2008
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship & Senior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission.
- Life Member – Indian Academy of Applied Psychology
- Life Member - Indian School Psychology Association
- Journal secretary for Indian Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol 48 (April, 2011)- Special issue.(ISSN 0019/ 5073)
Head of the Department of Psychology, Sri shankarlal Sundarbai Shasu
2015 - 2017
Assistant Professor of Psychology in Department of psychology, Sri shankarlal Sundarbai Shasun Jain college for Women, T.Nagar, Chennai
December 2014 - June 2017.