Dr. Velmurugan PS
Dr.Velmurugan.P.S, Associate Professor in Commerce is specialized in International Finance, International Taxation, Security Market Operations and Financial Derivatives. Completed Ph.D at Pondicherry University in the year 2008 and was awarded Postdoctoral Fellowship for the research titled “Futures Trading in Agricultural Commodities in India: The Road Ahead” by Arkansas State University, USA. He is the recipient of Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship by United States India Educational Foundation (USIEF). Received UGC Research Award 2016–2018 for research in Corporate Social Responsibility. In addition, he was awarded Senior Research Fellow (Honorary) by Institute of Social Science, Regional Centre. He possesses two patent applications on 'Online Property Spot Exchange’ [OPSE] and Online Property Derivatives Exchange [OPDE] respectively. He is a member of editorial board for three international journals. So for, he has produced 9 MPhil and 4 PhDs and has 6 Ph.D. scholars under his guidance. His publication pool includes 42 articles in International journals and 30 articles in national level journals besides working papers listed with SSRN. He chaired or handled sessions in 50 plus national and international conferences. Organized several Seminars, Conferences, Capacity Building Programs and Workshops successfully in his career and has 5 books to his credit on Financial Derivatives, Excessive Speculation and Debt Derivatives. Prior to teaching career he was serving in the industry and was stock sub-broker.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Commodity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange Exposure Management, International Trade, International Taxation, Multinational Financial Management, Security Market Operations, Derivatives and Risk Management, G-Sec Markets, Real Estate Derivatives, Financial Markets & Institutions, Goods and Services Tax.
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Bonfring International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science CTT infuses inefficiency into gold futures trading: an empirical analysis Page # 01-12, Volume 7, Special Issue, February, 2017 ISSN: 2250 - 1096
- Journal of Business and Financial Affairs Relationship between spot and futures markets of selected agricultural commodities in India: An efficiency and causation Analysis 2016 Volume 5
- Issue 1 ISSN: 2167 – 0234
- Journal of Business & Financial Affairs (OMICS publication groups) The Determinants of Currency Hedging in Indian IT Firms Dec 2014: Volume 3, Issue 3, ISSN: 2167-0234 (Listed in High impact journals)
- Gyan Management A survey study on Indian IT firms Attitude towards Foreign Exchange Exposure Management Page # 03-17, Volume 9 Issue 1-June,2015 ISSN:0974-7621
- Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal Role of speculators in agricultural commodity price spikes during 2006-2011 Volume 16, Special Issue, 2012 https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-331080125/role-of-speculators-in-agricultural-commodity-price
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Postdoctoral Research., Arkansas State University, AR, USA; 2012
- Ph.D., Pondicherry University; 2008
- B.Ed., Pondicherry University; 2006
- M.Phil., Pondicherry University; 1995
- PGCDA., Pondicherry University; 1994
- M.Com., Pondicherry University; 1992
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Passed the State Level Lectureship Test (SLET – 2000)
- Awarded Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship by United States India Educational Foundation (USIEF), Fulbright Commission in India, to take up research at Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR.
- Received UGC Research Award 2016 – 2018, on “ Sustaining Corporate Prosperity by Integrating Social Environmental and Ethical Responsibilities into the Governance of Business”
- Senior Research Fellow (Honorary) of the Regional Centre Puducherry, Institute of Social Science.
- Derivatives and Risk Management UGC SAP DRS-I 34 Lakhs Deputy Coordinator 2009-14 (Completed).
- Advanced Research in Derivatives and Risk Management UGC SAP DRS II 109 Lakhs Deputy Coordinator – (Under Progress at Pondicherry University)
- Corporate Governance & CSR in NSE listed Companies UGC Research Project Salary Compensation plus 2 lakhs Under Progess.
Assistant Professor, Dept of Commerce, Pondicherry University
Lecturer, Bharadhidasan Govt College for Women, Pondicherry,
Warden, Boys Hostels, Pondicherry University
Observer for university examinations in affiliated colleges
Patent Committee, Pondicherry University
Deputy Coordinator – UGC Special Assistance Programme –DRS I