Dr. Virendra Kumar
Most of my research is related to determining the criterion for onset of convection/ bio- convection in a variety of models including the porous media studies. Stability studies using analytic and / or numerical techniques are performed. The fluids analyzed so far are Ferrofluids, Nano-fluids, under variety of thermal and flow conditions. The porous medium studies are being performed for different flow regimes including Darcy and Brinkman laws. At CUTN I have taught several Mathematical courses to integrated Maters of Science (IMSc) students like Mathematics I, Mathematics II, Mathematics III (these are similar courses as Higher Engineering Mathematics for B. Tech students) and basic Fluid Dynamics. In my opinion everyone should have fundamental knowledge of the subjects while coming into the research field. I have always encouraged good teaching and research skills. There are still many areas in bio fluid mechanics such as the nano-fluidic phenomena in bio-suspensions using theoretical models, which I have planned to study in future.
- RESEARCH AREA
- Fluid Mechanics, Flow through Porous Media, Bio-convection and Perturbation Techniques.
- TOP 5 PUBLICATION
- Virendra Kumar & Y.D. Sharma, Instability Analysis of Gyrotactic Microorganisms: A Combined Effect of High–frequency Vertical Vibration and Porous Media, Transport in Porous Media (Springer–Verlag), 102, 153–165, 2014.
- Y.D. Sharma & Virendra Kumar, The Effect of High-frequency Vertical Vibration in a Suspension of Gyrotactic Microorganisms, Mechanics Research Communications (Elsevier Science), 44, 40–46, 2012.
- D. Grover, Virendra Kumar & Dinkar Sharma, A Comparative Study of Numerical Techniques and Homotopy Perturbation Method for Solving Parabolic Equation and Non-Linear Equations, International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics (Taylor & Francis), 13, 403–407, 2012.
- Y.D. Sharma & Virendra Kumar, Effect of High-frequency Vertical Vibration in a Suspension of Negatively Geotactic Microorganisms Saturating a Porous Medium, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 8, 47–58, 2012.
- Y.D. Sharma & Virendra Kumar, Overstability Analysis of Thermo–bioconvection Saturating a Porous Medium in a Suspension of Gyrotactic Microorganisms, Transport in Porous Media (Springer–Verlag), 90, 673–685, 2011.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- B.Sc., Sciences, Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut, India; 2001-2004
- M.Sc., Mathematics, HNB University (A Central University) Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand, India; 2007
- Ph.D., Mathematics (Fluid Mechanics), National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India;2012
- PDF., Bacterial and Algal Convection, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific and Research, Jakkur, Bengaluru; 2014
- PDF., Bio-Fluid Mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee; 2016
- AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Awarded Post-Doctoral Fellowship by National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, India, 2013
- Awarded Research Associate Fellowship by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India, 2012
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2007) conducted at national level in India, 2007
- Life member of the Indian Mathematical Society (IMS)
- Life member of the Indian Society of Theoretical & Applied Mechanics (ISTAM)
- Life member of the Indian society for Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT)
- Life member of the Indian Society for Bio-mechanics
- Life member of the Calcutta Mathematical Society (CMS)
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Central University of Tamil Nadu Thiruvarur
June 2016 – Till Date
Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
August 2014 – May 2016
Postdoctoral Fellow, Engineering Mechanics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru
September 2013 – May 2014
Research Associate, Engineering Mechanics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) Bengaluru
October 2012 – August 2013