IQACJuly 25, 2023 2023-08-06 16:38
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
As per the UGC guidelines, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is to be established in higher Educational Institutions. The UGC has established National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to monitor the standards of the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) under section 12 (ccc) of its Act I in Sept 1994. NAAC has been instilling a momentum of quality consciousness amongst Higher Educational Institutions aiming for continuous improvement in quality of education and enhancing awareness of Institutional Quality Assurance with all stakeholders. Assessment is a performance evaluation of an HEI and / or its units’ defined criteria. Accreditation refers to the certification given by NAAC which is valid for a period of five years. Many Higher Educational Institutions have established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. NAAC reveals that the IQAC is a healthy way. The UGC has recognized this initiative and it has taken a policy decision to direct all HEIs (Universities) to establish IQACs for which, it has decided to provide seed financial assistance of Rs.5.00 lakh to each university as one time grant.
NAAC proposes that every accredited Institution should establish an IQAC as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an Institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post accreditation phase of Institutions. During the post accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Considering the fact that Central University of Tamil Nadu is a New University and most of its faculty & staff will be new to this activity, it has been decided to set up the IQAC & integrate it in the pre-accreditation phase itself so that all stakeholders in the University are involved in the accreditation process from the initial stage itself. The Internal Quality Assurance Mechanism of the Institution may be called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”, which is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the University.
Vision for the IQAC is for it to not serve as a data centre but as a means to bring together the administrators, teachers, students, supporting staff and all other stakeholders and let each one of them contribute to the betterment of the university in all of its aspects. For it is the individuals who ultimately make up the university and its quality, with the IQAC being an instrument to aid them in achieving that goal.
|Name of the Staff||Designation|
|Prof. P. Rajaguru||Directoremail@example.com|
|Dr. R. Ranjith Kumar||Deputy Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. T. P. Girishwaran||Junior Professional Assistantemail@example.com|
|Mr. G. Muralidharan||Lower Division Clerkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of the society.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performances.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of the quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To take steps for periodic internal academic audit of the teaching learning and research activities of all departments / faculty members and Institutes.
- To collaborate with other academic institutions and agencies globally for improvement of quality and brand image of the University.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement of feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the Institutional quality.
- Development of quality culture in the University.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameter.
|Chairman||Prof. M. Krishnan||Vice Chancellor|
|Director||Prof. P. Rajaguru||Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology|
|Dy. Director||Dr. R. Ranjith Kumar||Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry|
|Member||Prof. P. Srinivasan||Professor, Dept. of Education|
|Member||Prof. D. Maniazhagu||Professor, Dept. of Physical Education and Sports|
|Member||Dr. V. Renuka Devi||Associate Professor, Dept. of Mathematics|
|Member||Dr. A. Ramesh Kumar||Associate Professor, Dept. of Horticulture|
|Member||Dr. B. Radha||Associate Professor, Dept. of Media and Communication|
|Member||Dr. P. Boopathi||Assistant Professor, Dept. of English Studies|
|Member||Dr. Sujit Kumar Behera||Assistant Professor, Dept. of EPH|
|Member||Dr. D. V. Kanagarathinam||Assistant Professor, Dept. of History|
|Member||Prof. R. Thirumurugan||Registrar|
|Member||Shri. A. R. Venkatakrishnan||Joint Registrar|
|Member||Shri. M. P. Balamurugan||Joint Registrar|
|Member||Thiru. S. SenthurPari||President EXNORA International Foundation, Chennai|
|Member||Sri. BheemsinghMelchisedec||Director Operation ELGI Equipment Ltd Coimbatore|
|Member||Thiru. G. Saravanan||BT. Assistant, Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Nannilam, Thiruvarur|
|Member||Ms. I. G. Shanmugapriya||C/O Prof. S. Natarajan, Solid State & Structural Chemistry Unit, IISC, Bengaluru|
|Member||Mr. J. A. Arun Kumar||Reg. No: I210311, IMA Economics, Central University of Tamilnadu, Thiruvarur|
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur – 610 005